Prior to Installation:
- Allow the vehicle’s existing lighting and engine to cool down prior to installing this kit
- Ensure the vehicle is in neutral or park, and the ignition is off
- Examine all original vehicle wiring contacts, connections and wires to ensure they are in good condition
Bulb Colour Film Application:
- C5 LED bulbs feature 6500K colour temperature with no film applied. If you wish to change to one of the alternative colours (3000K, 4300K, 8000K or 10000K), follow these instructions before installing the bulbs. NOTE: The 3000K is the lighter of the two yellow coloured bulb films; the 4300K is the darker of the two yellow coloured bulb films; the 8000K is the lighter of the two blue coloured bulb films; the 10000K is the darker of the two blue coloured bulb films. There are two pairs of each colour provided with your light kit.
- Carefully bend the backing plastic near one of the corners of the film you wish to apply, allowing you to get your fingernail under the corner of the film to peel it from the backing. Avoid contact with the adhesive side of the film as much as possible.
- Apply the film to the glass tube that covers & protects the LED portion of the bulb, starting at one end of the film.
- Slowly apply the film around the bulb, using your fingertip to swipe from the middle of the film to each side as you go, minimizing any air bubbles by doing this.
- Continue applying the film around the bulb until it is completely in place. Repeat for the second bulb. You are now ready to install the bulbs in your lamp housing.
- Check to see if there is sufficient room to work on the lighting system. If not, you will need to remove the headlight assemblies.
- Open the rear cap from the headlight assembly (do not discard) and remove the original bulb.
- Drill a 12mm (1/2”) hole in the middle of the rear cap (or optionally, replace the rear cap with an Msport pre-drilled universal cap).
- Place the Msport LED bulb into the back of the headlight assembly, ensuring that it is secured correctly.
- Pull the wire lead(s) through the drilled original rear cap (or optionally, the Msport pre-drilled universal cap). If using the drilled original cap, it is an excellent idea to seal the opening with some RTV silicone to prevent dust, dirt and moisture from entering the headlight housing.
- Connect the wiring from the LED bulb to the vehicle’s factory bulb harness.
- Ensure that all connections are secure.
- Inspect the headlights for proper operation. Low beam, high beam and DRL’s (Daytime Running Lights) must all work properly
- Bulb Malfunction (no light, weak light) – Ensure that all connections are clean and properly connected.
- Bulb Flickering – Ensure that all connections are clean and properly connected. If flickering continues, the vehicle may require an additional canbus module installed in the wiring harness (available from Msport at additional cost)